What lies ahead in the World Snooker Championship 2015
Will Ronnie O’Sullivan blast off into the final? Will Neil Robertson cause a storm? Will Judd Trump have the upper hand? Will Mark Selby have the last laugh? Will Shaun Murphy battle his way through? Will Ding Junhui dazzle? Will John Higgins cast a spell over the competition? Will Mark Allen shoot a 147? Will Steven Maguire set the baize alight? Will Mark Williams live up to his nickname? There’s only one way to find out…
Saturday 18th April – Monday 4th May.
Live coverage of the first round starts on BBC Two and on the Red Button at 10 am tomorrow.
Also available on www.allsportsfree.com
Betting Favourites: (bracketed numbers denote world ranking).
- The Rocket – Ronnie O’ Sullivan (2) – 5 x World Champion, 1 x runner-up
- The Thunder from Down Under – Neil Robertson (4) – 1 x World Champion
- The Ace in the Pack – Judd Trump (6) – 1 x runner-up
- The Jester from Leicester – Mark Selby (1) – DEFENDING CHAMPION, 1 x runner-up
- The Whiston Warrior – Shaun Murphy (8) – 1 x winner, 1 x runner-up
- The Star of the East – Ding Junhui (3) – 1 x semi-finalist
- The Wizard of Wishaw – John Higgins (13) – 4 x World Champion, 1 x runner-up
- The Pistol – Mark Allen (12) – 2 x quarter-finalist
- On Fire – Stephen Maguire (15) – 2 x semi-finalist
- The Welsh Potting Machine – Mark Williams (14) – 2 x World Champion, 1 x runner-up
First round matches:
- Mark Selby (1) v Kurt Maflin (38)
- Stephen Maguire (15) v Anthony McGill (32)
- Joe Perry (9) v Zhang Anda (98)
- Shaun Murphy (8) v Robin Hull (68)
- Barry Hawkins (5) v Matthew Selt (30)
- Mark Allen (12) v Ryan Day (20)
- Ali Carter (31) v Alan McManus (23)
- Neil Robertson (4) v Jamie Jones (40)
- Ding Junhui (3) v Mark Davis (18)
- John Higgins (13) v Robert Milkins (17)
- Marco Fu (11) v Jimmy Robertson (42)
- Judd Trump (6) v Stuart Carrington (69)
- Ricky Walden (7) v Graeme Dott (19)
- Stuart Bingham (10) v Robbie Williams (58)
- Mark Williams (14) v Matthew Stevens (35)
- Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v Craig Steadman (81)
*bold players making their World Championship debut.
“The one tie that hits me is Ronnie against the debutant. A pressure match for both players. One with everything to lose, one with everything to gain.” (World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn).
…StalkSport has teamed up with BeanBagSports to bring you a fantastic money back guarantee:
Sign up now to take advantage!
Just visit http://bit.ly/Stalkrf and enter the promo code: bexstalk
The Crucible can make even the greatest of players crumble, who do YOU think will rise to the top?
My Money’s on Ronnie!